WHOLE VEGETABLE PAKORAS
Whole Vegetable Fritters in a Chick Pea Flour Batter
Vegetable Pakoras Recipe, This the recipe to try, the next time you want to impress your guests with something delicious. Its easy too!
- 2 cups chick pea flour
- 1 tsp Curry Masala
- ½ tsp salt Or salt to taste
- ¼ tsp baking soda Or baking powder
- ¾ cup water to make batter
- 4 cauliflower Or broccoli florets, separated into smaller pieces
- 1 small potato, peeled and sliced into rounds
- 1 small zucchini, cut into thin slices
- 1 small onion , sliced
- 1 green pepper , seeded and sliced into rings
- 2 cups light cooking oil for deep frying
Method of Preparation:
Batter : In a mixing bowl, combine Curry Masala, chick pea flour , salt and baking soda. Add water to make a thick batter. Mix well and let stand for 5 minutes.In a kadhai or wok , heat oil for deep –frying on medium heat.
Dip vegetables one into the batter , coat well and fry for a few minutes until golden brown. Turn vegetables to fry on both sides.Drain well on paper towel. Serve hot or cold with chutney.
Try making these Pakoras with pineapple rings, green chilies, semi ripe bananas, boneless chicken cubes or fish pieces for a variation.
You can search on Google
MIXED VEGETABLE PAKORAS
Mixed Vegetable Chick Pea Fritters
Vegetable Pakoras Recipe,
- 2 cup chick pea (besan or gram) flour
- 2 tsp Curry Masala
- 1 tsp salt or salt to taste
- ½ tsp baking powder or baking soda
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 small potatoes, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 small zucchini , finely chopped
- 1 small onion , finely chopped
- 1 green papper, seeded , finely chopped
- 1 small ripe banana, finely chopped (optional)
- ¼ cup cilantro otr spinach, finely chopped
- 2 cup light cooking oil for deep frying
Vegetable Pakoras Recipe, Method of Preparation :
In a mixing bowl , combine baking soda, chick pea flour, salt and, Curry Masala . Add water, mix and combine to make a thick batter.
Add chopped vegetables. Mix well and allow to stand for 5 minutes. Heat oil for deep-frying on medium heat in a kadhai or wok.
Take a teaspoon of pakora mixture and carefully drop into oil. Fry a few at a time. Fry on all sides until golden brown.
Drain well on a paper towel. Serve hot or cold with chutneys.
This appetizer is a good option for anyone who has a gluten allergy as it contains no wheat. If you don’t have a spicy chutney on hand , serve this pakoras with ketchup.